Monday, 4 January 2016

All good things must come to an end.......Daddy's gone back to work


I'm sure I'm not the only one mourning the loss of my husband today.....

After almost two whole weeks with him at home, last night I lay in bed yearning for just that one more lay in!

Since he's been home he has been getting up with Marley in the mornings giving me an extra couple of hours in bed. Which felt like heaven! That huge super king bed all to myself. No baby searching for my boob, no husband breathing heavily in my face, no stinky dog positioning himself perfectly on top of my legs so I cant move. nope. Just me and my beautiful bed.

I shouldn't have got so attached, I knew that this "fling" was never going to last and my whirlwind romance with normality was slowly moving further and further away from my reach.

No more popping to the shop with just my keys and my purse, no more running off for a bath three times a day, no more recipe hunting and proper cooking, no more getting my nails done whenever I felt like it. Nope. Those days have gone.....

Boy did I need that time off - Its completely reset me, my relationship with my husband and my outlook for the future.

Having that time together with Marley was great for two reasons ;

1. I got to do all those silly little things you just don't get time to do anymore.....

2. My husband now realises how HARD it actually is trying to entertain the little bean.....relentless.....non stop.....exhausting work. Much harder than my day job - and I don't even get paid for this!

This time off made us more of a team - because now we both understood what it was like, but we were also able to help each other out which makes all the difference. Its so easy to make assumptions when you're not around and sleep deprived so I think taking some time out to realise what each other is going through can really help. God I wish some days I could just get up and go to work, but at the same time there is no way I could leave my baby girl. You cant win!

I just keep telling myself - just 8 weeks until were on holiday, the time will fly!


Do I miss my husband or my babysitter? Probably a bit of both.......  :)

Soodles and Marley in their matching outfits

No comments:

Post a Comment